Energetic And Innovative Legal Services
John M. Rorabaugh
John has spent his entire career as a lawyer advocating for the bail industry. He began working in the bail industry in 1993 while he was still in law school, as an intern at the premier law firm for the bail industry at the time, Nunez & Bernstein. John was trained and mentored by the legendary bail attorney, Mark Bernstein, and in 2010 took over the practice when Mark retired. Throughout his career, John has been a strong advocate for the bail industry, and has worked with lobbyists and the legislature to help enact legislation that is advantageous to the industry.
The legislative efforts of John, and Nunez and Bernstein have helped shape the landscape of bail forfeiture law in California. John was also the trial court attorney for the majority of Nunez & Bernstein’s published appellate opinions, and took over the appellate work in 2013. As a result, John has been involved in over 100 published opinions, as either the trial or appellate attorney since becoming an attorney. John is also a current member of the United States Supreme Court Bar.
- San Joaquin College of Law, Fresno, California
- California, 1995
- People v. Accredited Sur. & Cas. Co., 34 Cal.App.5th 891, 246 Cal. Rptr. 3d 663 (Cal. Ct. App. 2019)
- People v. Accredited Sur. & Cas. Co., 237 Cal. Rptr. 3d 534, 26 Cal.App.5th 913 (Cal. Ct. App. 2018)
- People v. Fin. Cas. & Sur., Inc., 14 Cal.App.5th 308, 221 Cal. Rptr. 3d 731 (Cal. Ct. App. 2017)
- People v. Fin. Cas. & Sur., Inc., 2 Cal.5th 35, 211 Cal. Rptr. 3d 79, 384 P.3d 1226 (Cal. 2016)
- People v. Tingcungco, 237 Cal.App.4th 249, 187 Cal. Rptr. 3d 706 (Cal. Ct. App. 2015)
- California Lawyers Association (CLA)