Energetic And Innovative Legal Services
Crystal L. Rorabaugh
- Associate Attorney
Crystal spent the early part of her career working in the financial sector, and was a FINRA licensed stock trader holding Series 7 and 66 licenses. Crystal left finance and joined her father at Law Office of John Rorabaugh in 2010 to manage the practice. Once she began working at the law firm, she quickly realized that she would make an excellent attorney due to her knack for persuasive writing. Three years later, she enrolled at the University of La Verne College of Law after earning a full academic scholarship. Although Crystal continued working at the firm while going to law school full-time, through hard work and tireless effort, she graduated summa cum laude as the valedictorian of the class of 2016.
As soon as Crystal was sworn in as an attorney, she began appearing in court to argue motions related to bail forfeiture. Within 18 months of being sworn in, she had already argued a case before the California Supreme Court. In her current role, Crystal focuses primarily on the appellate work associated with bail proceedings. Although she has only been practicing for four years, she has already had eleven published opinions.
Crystal has also used her prior experience in finance to expand the practice outside of the world of bail, and into estate planning and business formations. She enjoys working on complex legal challenges and tirelessly advocates for her clients and she fields the occasional phone call from her mother asking if the television show interpreted the law properly. Her responses to these questions are pro bono.
- University of La Verne College of Law, La Verne, California
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Valedictorian
- Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida
- Major: Linguistics
- California, 2016
- People v. N. River Ins. Co., 37 Cal.App.5th 784, 250 Cal. Rptr. 3d 524 (Cal. Ct. App. 2019)
- People v. Bankers Ins. Co., 36 Cal.App.5th 543, 248 Cal. Rptr. 3d 543 (Cal. Ct. App. 2019)
- People v. Accredited Sur. & Cas. Co., 237 Cal. Rptr. 3d 534, 26 Cal.App.5th 913 (Cal. Ct. App. 2018)
- Cnty. of L. A. v. Fin. Cas. & Sur., Inc., 5 Cal.5th 309, 234 Cal. Rptr. 3d 459, 419 P.3d 934 (Cal. 2018)
- Dean's List, All Semesters, Fall 2013 - Spring 2016
- CALI Awards: Contracts, Torts, Introduction to Legal Studies, Property, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Business Organizations, Law Practice Management, Sales, Adversarial Evidence, Math and Physics for Lawyers, Community Property, Wills and Trusts, Discovery Techniques and Practices, Advanced Legal Research
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Registered CSA, 2006 to 2010
- California Bar Association, Present
- Orange County Bar Association, Present
- American Bar Association (ABA), Present